Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"go"

(this story actually occurred a few months ago but I started writing it right after it happened...) Last night me and my friend came up with an awesome new game. We were drinking at my house, playing beer pong and chatting with some of the neighbors. Then one of my friends decides we should go out downtown. Its already pretty late at this point, and I was not exactly sober, but I reluctantly agree and we walk downtown. We know one of the bouncers at one of the bars in downtown Lowell so that's usually the place we end up, and this night was no exception. We walk in and go get a couple drinks, but I wasn't even that interested in drinking (like I said, we already had been drinking all night), I really just wanted to talk to girls. In order to help things along I turn to my friend and try to encourage him with a challenge: who can get the most numbers. He agrees so I say, "go" and walk away. The first girl I tried to talk to informed me that she had a boyfriend so I left her alone. I went to the dance floor and asked the second girl to dance. She was down but her friend swoops in with her palm held in front of her and pushes me away. Fuck it, I'm not discouraged. I head over to a different part of the bar and go up to the third girl. She was apparently on her way out but I stopped her, introduced myself, and got her to talk to me long enough to get her number before she had to leave and catch up with her friends. The funniest part of the whole interaction wasn't even me talking to the girl; as she started walking away I was still putting her number in my phone and some random d00d that was watching the whole thing just looks at me in awe. I looked up at him, smiled, said, "that's all it takes..." then walked away to go find my friend. The lesson I got out of this is that the keys to success are persistence and confidence. And it really is true in all aspects of life. If you don't let failure get you down and believe what you're saying, people will listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment