Sunday, April 1, 2012

Leave No Man Behind

Last night we went out to celebrate a friend's birthday. It started out as a pretty standard night, but the best nights always do. We were taking shots and drinking champagne at our place until about 10:30 then we called a cab and hit the bar. Once we were there Confident and I started talking to a few girls, enticing them with tales of our escapades, and that's when I realized the difficulty in talking to people at a bar. Now I think this bar might have had particularly bad acoustics, and it probably didn't help that we weren't very far from the speakers, but I had to yell at the person standing next to me and even then there was no guarantee they could hear. I know that's an almost cliche observation but I never realized how accurate it is.
Despite that, it was a pretty successful night out. Once we decided to leave we found a cab and went over the local late night eatery, conveniently located well within walking distance of our place. I don't think we noticed until we got there but of the 5 people who cabbed to the bar, only 4 of them made it in the cab back. We attempted to make phone contact with him but we weren't sure he made it out alive until we saw him post on facebook this morning.
I guess before we leave the bars we need do roll call and make sure we don't lose anyone like that. LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND!

No comments:

Post a Comment