Monday, September 12, 2011

Mansfield Trip 2011 (from jonmakinmoves.blogspot.com)

There's a reason I love new england. People here just don't seem to give a fuck. While people on the west coast have to worry about whether or not their pants are tight enough for them to get in to the club, people in new england are busy having bonfires while getting wasted in the woods.
We went to a concert last night in a city about an hour away. We took shots and pounded a few beers before we even left. Then we piled 6 people into a 2-door blazer and started off. Due to people's need of money, gas, and cigarettes, or whatever they were complaining about, we had to make 3 stops before we could even leave town.
ONE HOUR LATER we are finally on our way the concert. At this point I had already finished the bottle of Death Mix which I somehow expected to last the whole ride, and I was starting to get thirsty. All of a sudden I hear the *crack* of a beer opening behind me. I turn around and see the two guys in the trunk have a 30 of Budweiser sitting between them. I was thirsty no more: the whole trip to the show we were throwing back beers while criticizing our driver for inadequate driving skills which must indicate a lack of male genitalia.
The show was at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, which is not like most other venues. If you've never been there, the best thing to compare it to is a theme park. The entrance way and even the way the stage/seating were set up reminded me of going to sea world. We ended up getting there late so we missed the opening bands and walked in just as the headliners were starting. The show was mediocre but it was alot of fun. We left early to get back home and find a party and after navigating our way through the maze of a parking lot we were back on the highway and the drinking continued.
We were surprised that we didn't already have a party to go to as we were on the way back, but once we got to our apartment we started to see why. We live on a college campus and school just got back in session so there are parties all the time. On this night, however, the police decided this wasn't going to happen. All of university ave was filled with police and we passed at least 1 party in the process of being broken up. From our patio I watched two kids with backpacks get stopped by police, searched (probably illegally), and arrested. So much for them not giving a fuck. Obviously, I wasn't going to let this stop me from having fun so I made my friend ditch his girlfriend and drive me to the bar where we had a couple beers and laughed about how ridiculous our lives are now that I'm back in New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment